Fun Facts about Shopping09.27.10
For those of you who like to play a numbers game, get ready. Here are ten facts and figures about, what else? Shopping! So, just in case you ever get into a fashion trivia emergency, we’ve got your back, boo.
1. Designers believe women will buy more if they hear their heels clicking on polished hard surfaces, so they often use hard flooring hallways. Carpeting and softer surfaces are said to lure customers and make them feel at home.
2. Escalators are placed strategically to force shoppers to pass the maximum number of storefronts.
3. The average mall shopper stays for 80 minutes and spends $75 each visit.
4. Seven Yankee Stadiums would fit inside Mall of America.
5. There are 46,990 shopping malls in the United States.
6. California has the most shopping malls with 6,243.
7. Wyoming has the least with 55.
8. Approximately 40 million people a year visit the largest mall in the United States — the Mall of America in Minnesota.
9. The world’s largest shopping mall is the West Edmonton Mall in Alberta, Canada.
10. The busiest shopping day is the Saturday before Christmas as last-minute shoppers hit the stores.
Written by: Lauren Towers
Sources: Truthorfiction.com, Magazineusa.com, justforkidz.org, and Funny2.com.