Spice Up Your Life05.11.11
Oftentimes, it’s easy to feel stuck in a routine. After all, life can get cyclical with reoccurring bills, steady demands at work and daily household chores that simply are a part of everyday life. Well if you feel you need to spice up your life, Cotton Candy is here to tell you it’s not as hard as you may think. Believe it or not, you don’t have to bungee jump from the side of a plane to put a little thrill back into your life. All it takes is a little self examination of your interests and determination to do something about them. So, we give you 51 DOABLE tricks to shake up your routine. We know you’ll be thanking us later.
1. Rent a luxury car for a day – one that you CANNOT afford. Ever driven a Maybach?
2. Paint your toes a crazy color.
3. Eat an ethnic type of food you’ve never had.
4. Go vegan for a week.
5. Go to a botanical garden.
6. Eat your lunch in the park.
7. Visit the nearest body of water (ocean, lake, river).
8. Get a haircut.
9. Volunteer at your favorite charity for a week.
10. Visit a new church next Sunday.
11. Get a facial.
12. Pack a picnic for your love.
13. Write a handwritten note to someone you care about.
14. Call someone you haven’t spoken to in a least two years.
15. Cook an exotic meal.
16. Go to a minor league baseball game.
17. Drive to the next, nearest major city.
18. Visit the top of the nearest skyscraper.
19. Scour new, trendy boutiques.
20. Be a tourist for a day and visit three tourist sites.
21. Start a journal or a blog.
22. Give your hubby a hug for no reason.
23. Go in your man’s closet and borrow a tie.
24. Buy a bottled water that benefits charity.
25. Go to a listen to and lecture of a person whom you admire. (92nd Street Y on the Upper East Side in NYC is a great place to start.)
26. Rent a bike.
27. Go roller skating.
28. Take a horse carriage ride through the city.
29. Send e-greeting cards to your friends.
30. Write a poem.
31. Engulf yourself in a new novel.
32. Give at least two compliments a day for one week.
33. Start learning another language.
34. Take a photography class.
35. Take dance lessons.
36. Spend the weekend in a cabin.
37. Refuse to watch TV for a day.
38. Try a different flavored smoothie.
39. Change the frames of your eyeglasses.
40. Ignore your BlackBerry for 24 hours.
41. Watch an old black-and-white movie.
42. Take family portraits.
43. Eat a fruit you’ve never tried before.
44. Try living off of $25 dollars per day for three whole days.
45. Introduce yourself to a cute guy.
46. Go hiking.
47. Take a helicopter tour of the city.
48. Catch a pedicab.
49. Dump the loser in your life (or for some of you LOSERS).
50. Shop at a sample sale.
51. Change your lipstick shade.